Former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre is hoping that the success of the Bloodline angle will lead to more long-term storylines.
Many have praised the ongoing WWE storyline featuring Roman Reigns, Solo Sikoa and The Usos, believing that it’s one of the best angles WWE has booked in recent memory, if not ever.
Speaking with the Daily Mail, Drew McIntyre noted that he hopes that this storyline will open the door for more slow burn stories.
Commenting on the execution of the Bloodline story, McIntyre said:
“It’s intriguing and there are so many layers, and it is something very unique. I don’t remember the last time so much time was taken to tell such a slow-burn story.
“Generally we’re rushing to the finish line to get matches built for the premium live events, but the people involved have put their foot down and said ‘Look, we’re building this,’ and it’s worked, the proof is in the pudding.
“Maybe we’ll see more of that across the board eventually. It will reach a climax and I’m sure it’ll be awesome.
“I’ve got my eyes on certain people that can pull off the big one, obviously Cody’s got the big match, I want him to do well.
“It would be cool to see him pull off the big one, but at the same time I look at guys like Sami and Jey Uso and I think there are so many options of where this could go, and there’s steam still left in it.”
WWE CEO and President Nick Khan recently revealed how far in advance WWE creative has storylines planned for, which you can read more about right here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’