Drew McIntyre already has an opponent in mind for when WWE visits Los Angeles, California for WrestleMania in 2023.
McIntyre has fought for the WWE Championship at the past two WrestleMania events. At the 39th edition of The Show of Shows, McIntyre wants to face one of the most decorated wrestlers in WWE history.
Speaking in a T-Mobile Center video, McIntyre discussed a potential match with John Cena. The former WWE Champion claimed that The Rock would be an obvious choice for a Hollywood WrestleMania opponent.
Reasoning that The Rock vs Roman Reigns would make more sense, McIntyre stated that he could tell a good story with Cena.
Replying to a fan, McIntyre said:
“If we’re going Hollywood, Rock would be the obvious choice. I kind of want to see Rock and Roman, so I’ll take Cena since he’s kind of gone Hollywood.”
(After the fan pitched the storyline of Cena challenging for his 17th World Championship) “It would be a great story. Absolutely, I like it.”
John Cena hasn’t wrestled since his WrestleMania 36 match against The Fiend. He is reportedly in talks to appear as SummerSlam. rumored to be facing Roman Reigns in the main event.
McIntyre will challenge Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship at Hell in a Cell later this month. On SmackDown, a new title match was announced for the June 20 event.
Quote via WrestlingNews.Co
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Announces Partnership With Twitch To ‘Sidecast’ Raw & More
- AEW Star Compares Orange Cassidy To WWE’s Legendary Undertaker
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- Report: Date For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar III Confirmed
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- WWE Tag Team Set For Match Against Each Other?
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return