Former WWE Champion Drew McIntyre has provided an update on his status following a recent injury.
McIntyre was originally meant to team with Sheamus to challenge for The Usos’ Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship on the November 9 edition of SmackDown.
After McIntyre announced that he hadn’t been medically cleared to compete, reports revealed that the popular star had suffered a ruptured eardrum.
In a pre-recorded video message on WWE The Bump, McIntyre noted that it won’t be long until he makes an in-ring return.
Stating that he doesn’t plan to miss the road to WrestleMania 39, McIntyre said:
“I wish I could be there physically, sadly I can’t right now. I appreciate everybody checking in. You know, if Drew McIntyre’s not at work, there’s a reason.
“But I can tell you all I’ll be back very very soon. There’s a certain season on the horizon, WrestleMania season. And I’m not going to miss that.”
Several other top stars are currently dealing with injuries, including Undisputed WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns.
You can read a list of injured WWE stars and their expected return dates right here.
Transcription via Sportskeeda.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Vince McMahon Era Rule ‘Effectively Dead’ Under Triple H