In case having one Paul brother (Logan) on WWE TV recently wasn’t enough, Drew McIntyre has now invited Jake Paul into the fold.
McIntyre has been pushing for a match with Tyson Fury, and Fury’s brother Tommy is set for a fight with Jake in December, which prompted McIntyre to compare Jake to Muhammad Ali.
Speaking with talkSPORT, McIntyre said:
“Jake Paul is a foe of everybody I guess (laughs). He gets it. So few people are willing to be true bad guys and make the public pay to see them get beat and he is a true bad guy. Whenever I see him show up at these events and the whole crowd starts booing him, I’m like, ‘Wow, that’s pretty cool’.
“It’s like Muhammad Ali back in the day. Everyone just remembers the good parts and how great he was, but if you remember in the beginning of Ali’s career, he was playing the heel and taking inspiration from WWE and playing that character, making people hate him so they would pay money to see him get beat. He (Jake) is basically the number one heel in the world so if he wants to swing by WWE and get Claymored in the face, that’s just fine with me!”
McIntyre isn’t the only wrestler to (kind of) call out Jake Paul in recent times, as AEW’s olympic medal boxer Anthony Ogogo did the same a few months ago.
WWE is reportedly planning to hold a pay-per-view in the UK next September, so that could well be where the long-awaited Drew McIntyre vs Tyson Fury match takes place.
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Jon Moxley’s Diagnosis Revealed, Wasn’t Planned To Lose AEW International Championship At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Mustafa Ali Gone From WWE
- WWE Elimination Chamber 2024 Set For Australia, Date & Location Confirmed
- More WWE Stars Released
- WWE Announces SmackDown Returning To USA Network & More
- Major Spoiler For AEW Rampage Grand Slam 2023