At WWE SummerSlam last Saturday (August 21), Drew McIntyre bested former friend now rival Jinder Mahal in one of the less eventful matches on the card.
Jinder made his return from injury earlier this year, after suffering a knee injury in 2020. Fightful Select (subscription required) has since revealed that Jinder was originally set to feud with McIntyre over the WWE Championship in 2020, before he went down with the injury.
McIntyre, who was the WWE Champion at the time, was said to be disappointed that Jinder was hurt, as he thought the two of them could have done a lot together.
They would revise the feud this year instead, although it wouldn’t be contested for the grandest prize in the company, but rather a fake sword.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- Corey Graves ‘Toned Down’ What WWE Wanted Him To Say About Sasha Banks & Naomi
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- AEW Star Ethan Page Wants More Ring & Microphone Time In AEW
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega