WWE Champion Drew McIntyre and a highly regarded NXT star have teased a possible future match with each other on social media.
During a Twitter Q&A earlier this week, McIntyre was asked to name one NXT wrestler he wants to work with in the near future, and the Scot replied that Scarlett and Karrion Kross have his full attention.
Kross look set to challenge Keith Lee for the NXT Championship at TakeOver: XXX on August 22, the day before McIntyre defends the WWE Title against Randy Orton at SummerSlam.
Scarlett replied to McIntyre’s message with a sand timer emoji, and Kross posted a graphic of the tweet on Instagram with the caption: “Anything can happen in the #WWE. And it’s all the more reason why you should never miss an episode no matter what brand it is. Think about the future.”
Well, Survivor Series isn’t too far away at all, so who knows, perhaps by the time the November tradition rolls around both men will have their brand’s top titles around their waists and we might get to see them square off.
One thing is for sure, and that’s that Drew McIntyre is pretty void of challengers excluding Orton, so if he retains at SummerSlam, who do you think he should engage with next? Let us know in the replies on Twitter.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- AEW Star Legitimately Injured On Dynamite
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- AEW All Access Reveals Young Bucks Considered Retirement After All Out
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches