WWE Champion Drew McIntyre has spoken about which particular WWE stars he has been impressed with after recently breaking through.
McIntyre specifically named current United States Champion Apollo Crews and SmackDown’s Sonya Deville as two names he believes have stepped up.
Speaking with TVInsider, he said:
“There are a lot of people who stepped up. [In] this environment, you have to look at the positives. You can develop your character. Anyone can wrestle, but a few have really stepped up their characters. I’ve seen Sonya [Deville] over on SmackDown really maximizing her opportunity to create that compelling character that she has. It has been excellent. On Raw, someone like an Apollo Crews. He has been putting in his effort in the gym and working on how to better verbalize himself in the ring. He kind of knows who he is now. He didn’t lash out on social media and complain all the time. I keep telling people don’t do that and bring that negativity. He kept himself positive and is killing it. I’m very proud of him.”
McIntyre also said that he’s not letting the decreasing TV ratings get him down, saying:
“It doesn’t bring me down. I’ve been through so much. The ups and downs in my career. Some really low points. I don’t let it get to me or distract me from the goal at home. I know a lot of previous champions have let it get to them. They’ve suffered in their personal life as a result and lashed out on social media. I don’t allow it to get to me from that standpoint. Our WWE Universe, our audience is such a big part of the show. We’re all just giving it all we can. I know we’re learning through this period.
“The audience that has stuck around are getting to learn about the characters on a deeper level. I think because of this when we get back into the arenas, the viewership will grow. I think we will reach new heights to be honest because we’re going to have so many compelling characters. A lot of superstars are maximizing their opportunity in this environment. Right now you can really develop your character on a deeper level through this unique lens. I think when we do get back in the arenas they will attract the attention of fans. I hear what is going on. I see what’s going on social media. Things are gong well there, but they can also be better. Once we get back to normal, I think we’ll reach new heights as a company.”
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut