It appears that two-time WWE Champion Drew McIntyre could be one of the big names who makes a move in the upcoming WWE Draft.
McIntyre has been on Raw for over three years now, but there are plenty of signs that tenure could come to an end soon.
Last night’s show notably saw Damian Priest retain the United States Championship over Drew McIntyre and Sheamus, and it was actually McIntyre that he pinned to get the win.
McIntyre has been so protected over the past couple of years that seeing him pinned is an extremely rare occurence and could be a sign of things to come.
Usually, when the plan is to draft someone to another brand, WWE doesn’t mind beating them because the thought process is that they’ll automatically be rejuvenated by changing brands, so the momentum will be regained anyway.
McIntyre himself also seems open to the idea, and has spoken in several interviews about how he likes the sound a program with Roman Reigns over the Universal Championship.
No reports have explicitly stated that WWE is planning on moving Drew McIntyre, but the clues are certainly starting to appear.
As of the latest reports, WWE is planning to hold the draft across two shows on either October 1 & 4, or October 4 & 8.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- New Documentary ‘Wrestling With Whiteness’ Premiering Today
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill On The Baddies Concept: ‘Where Are The Women Wrestling Fans?’
- AEW Fan Fest Today In Las Vegas Ahead Of Double Or Nothing