It appears that two-time WWE Champion Drew McIntyre could be one of the big names who makes a move in the upcoming WWE Draft.
McIntyre has been on Raw for over three years now, but there are plenty of signs that tenure could come to an end soon.
Last night’s show notably saw Damian Priest retain the United States Championship over Drew McIntyre and Sheamus, and it was actually McIntyre that he pinned to get the win.
McIntyre has been so protected over the past couple of years that seeing him pinned is an extremely rare occurence and could be a sign of things to come.
Usually, when the plan is to draft someone to another brand, WWE doesn’t mind beating them because the thought process is that they’ll automatically be rejuvenated by changing brands, so the momentum will be regained anyway.
McIntyre himself also seems open to the idea, and has spoken in several interviews about how he likes the sound a program with Roman Reigns over the Universal Championship.
No reports have explicitly stated that WWE is planning on moving Drew McIntyre, but the clues are certainly starting to appear.
As of the latest reports, WWE is planning to hold the draft across two shows on either October 1 & 4, or October 4 & 8.
- Report: WWE ‘Working On Deal’ For Cristiano Ronaldo To Appear
- WWE Star Set To Debut Brand New Look
- WWE Star Returns For First Televised Match In 11 Months
- Report: WWE Terminates Relationship Over ‘Breach Of Contract’
- AEW Stars Announce Wedding Date
- Another Top WWE Star’s Contract Expiring In 2024
- Shock Title Change As AEW Star Seemingly Injured During Match At Dynamite Grand Slam
- Former AEW Star Says Company Has ‘Too Much Freedom’
- Update On Ex-AEW Name’s Domestic Violence Arrest
- Report: Vince McMahon Used A Cane To Walk At WWE Employee Meeting