When Jeff Hardy brought back his popular ‘No More Words’ theme song on the July 19 episode of Raw for his now infamous victory over Karrion Kross, other stars on the WWE roster have spoken about bringing back their old theme songs, including Sheamus and Drew McIntyre.
McIntyre himself recently spoke to Kenny McIntosh of Inside the Ropes, where he spoke about the theme song possibly making a return at some point, and Drew reiterated that he expects it to happen at big event in the future.
“Yeah – I say it all the time in every interview I get asked, which is almost every interview, eventually it’s going to happen. I imagine it’s going to be in a bigger event, it might be as part of a package – we did that in NXT, prior to my match with Bobby Roode when I won the NXT title, we used a part of it and people were absolutely buzzing.”
McIntyre said that he expects the theme song to be used to transition into his current theme song, similar to how Edge used the Brood’s theme song at SummerSlam. He explained:
“I see it more like as a combination like Edge did just at SummerSlam there, with the Brood into his new music. If we could use it in some capacity at the beginning, cutting into the war pipes, which is more suitable for who I am today.”
The fans have been calling for the theme song to return for a long time, and McIntyre went on to explain that if it does return, he wants the fans to sing along to it like they do with Chris Jericho’s ‘Judas’ theme song in AEW.
“The thing I always say is, everybody please learn the words because if I somehow convince management ‘we gotta use this, because the fans love it, they’re all waiting for it, they’ve been asking me for it for years, they know all the words’, and I walk out there and nobody knows the words and they don’t sing it like Jericho’s song, I’ll be devastated, and I’m going to have to go back with my tail between my legs going ‘I was wrong’.”
AND I DREAM BROKEN DREAMS! I MAKE THEM COME TRUE!
quote via Inside the Ropes
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw