AEW star Dustin Rhodes has revealed that he needs surgery that might be career-threatening.
Dustin Rhodes has recently contemplated how much time he has left as an in-ring performer.
During an appearance on ‘Talk is Jericho’, Dustin Rhodes opened up about his wrestling future, noting that he wants to step away from the ring while he’s still able to walk.
Dustin Rhodes also revealed that he requires double knee replacement surgery, stating:
“I look at Ric Flair, his supposed last match, I don’t wanna do that.”
“So as long as I can get out of the business and still walk.
“Because I do need a couple of knee replacements, but that’s fine, I’ll get the knee replacements.
“I’ll be fine. I’ll be able to walk around. But I just remember getting in the business and seeing a couple of the old timers on walkers and in wheelchairs.
“I’m like, ‘I don’t wanna get to that point.'”
‘The Natural’ recently confirmed that he has less than a year left on his current AEW contract.
He also said he expected to make a return shortly.
Double knee replacement surgery is no joke, with full recovery taking up to two years.
So far, Dustin Rhodes wrestled five matches in 2022.
His most recent bout took place during the August 26 edition of AEW Rampage, with Dustin unsuccessfully challenging Claudio Castagnoli for the Ring of Honor World Championship.
It is currently unclear whether Dustin is currently scheduled to undergo surgery.
We will continue to provide updates on the situation as they become available.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Tony Khan Announces Newest AEW Signing
- Report: Worrying Lack Of Fan Interest In WWE Survivor Series WarGames
- The Undertaker Says Current WWE Star Has ‘Never Been A Bigger Star’
- Shocking End To MJF’s First Appearance As AEW World Champion
- Tony Khan Open To This WWE Hall Of Famer Wrestling For AEW
- Injured AEW Star Returning Soon?
- Huge Update On William Regal Joining WWE
- Another Current Champion In WWE Reaches Impressive Milestone
- WWE Hall Of Famer Explains Why He Respects Vince McMahon ‘Now More Than Ever’
- Huge Return Kicks Off AEW Dynamite