AEW’s Dustin Rhodes has provided a notable update on his contract status, revealing how long he has left on his current deal.
Dustin Rhodes is currently out of action, recovering from an injury.
Speaking with Sports Guys Talk Wrestling, Dustin Rhodes revealed that he’s preparing to return to the ring, noting that he’ll likely be in action in two weeks time.
Dustin then confirmed that he has under a year left on his current AEW contract.
While sharing a health update, Dustin said:
“A lot of cleanings, I’ve never had an ACL surgery. This is 14 surgeries altogether.
“I was just feeling old because my knee is taking a little longer to recuperate. Now I’ve got it, it’s good to go.
“I’m getting older, they’re getting younger and faster. I know my time is short.
“I still have a year under contract, a little less than a year, and I’m gonna try to do the best I can and entertain as much as I can because I still love it and am pretty passionate about it, but it is a young man’s game, as everyone finds out.”
Dustin’s brother Cody Rhodes notably left AEW shortly after his deal expired in early 2022. Cody made his WWE return at WrestleMania 38 in April.
Dustin last wrestled on the August 26 edition of AEW Rampage, unsuccessfully challenging for Claudio Castagnoli’s ROH World Championship.
Chris Jericho is the current ROH World Champion following his title victory at Dynamite: Grand Slam in September.
Stay up to date with every title change in AEW for 2022 using our tracker right here.
Transcription via Fightful.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Released WWE Star Returns On SmackDown
- Yet Another Released WWE Star Returning ‘Imminently’
- SmackDown World Cup Winner Is…
- WWE Star Getting Another Character Relaunch
- WWE Star Reveals Major Surgery Amid Return Rumors
- AEW Commentary Discusses Details Of Suspension On-Air
- Former ROH Champ Debuts On AEW Rampage & More Final Battle Matches Announced
- Yet Another Former WWE Star Returning?
- What Happened When ‘Sami Uso’ Kicked Off WWE SmackDown
- WWE Hall Of Famer Returning On SmackDown December 9