This week on AEW: Dynamite, ‘The Native Beast’ Nyla Rose became the second-ever AEW Women’s World Champion by defeating Riho in what was actually a pretty decent TV match.
With Nyla Rose being an openly transgender wrestler, her title win didn’t come without immature fans taking to social media to make transphobic comments about the new champion.
With not directly referencing the hate that Nyla Rose has received, AEW star Dustin Rhodes said that he is “sick of this [transphobia] crap”. He went on to add how his son is transgender and it saddens him to “see so many hateful people” online.
Sick of this Trans fobia crap. My son is Trans and it saddens me to see so many hateful people on the attack! Get over yourselves and stfu! #KeepSteppin
— Dustin Rhodes (@dustinrhodes) February 14, 2020
One of the people that has taken issue with Nyla winning the world championship is former WWE superstar Val Venis. Taking to Twitter, Nyla Rose said that she has finally made Venis “relevant again”.
*xbox noise* pic.twitter.com/iEBMgB9J6D
— Beyoncé Bloodlust (@NylaRoseBeast) February 15, 2020
It goes without saying that WrestleTalk.com does not condone any of the abuse that Nyla Rose or other transgender people suffer.
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023