Former WWE star EC3 has not held back in his criticisms of his former promotion and their leader Vince McMahon.
After an initial run with the promotion from 2009 to 2013 and leaving IMPACT Wrestling, EC3 returned to WWE in 2018 and worked with the NXT brand before being called up in December.
He spent two years with the company this time around before being released during the pandemic in April 2020.
Speaking with Monte and The Pharaoh on LI #1 Pro Wrestling Broadcast, the former WWE star discussed feeling that there was a lack of leadership when it came to Vince McMahon.
“There wasn’t one, really. Talked to him a couple of times. I would say the man I wanted him to be and expected him to be, the leader that I heard he was from the past, I did not see. I saw more of a shell of that, sort of a feeble old man, as opposed to the leader that you’d wanna run through a wall for.”
The former IMPACT World Champion also compared McMahon to Triple H as a leader during his time in NXT.
In regards to Triple H’s leadership skills, EC3 said:
“In NXT, yeah, for sure. Very much so. It was good [relationship with Triple H].”
EC3 has started the “Control Your Narrative” promotion with Adam “Titan” Scherr, formerly known as Braun Strowman in WWE.
Transcription via Sportskeeda
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Posts Statement On The Passing Of The Iron Sheik
- CM Punk Match Announced For First Ever AEW Collision
- Ex-WWE Name Concerned That Top Star Would Be ‘Wardlow-ed’ In AEW
- ‘Well-Liked’ AEW Name Retiring
- MJF Namedrops Vince McMahon On AEW Dynamite, Next Challenger Revealed
- Huge Clue WWE Star Could Be Retiring Soon
- Big Update On Mercedes Mone Status For AEW X NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Did Swerve Strickland Beat Orange Cassidy For The AEW International Championship
- WWE World Heavyweight Title Match Added To Madison Square Garden SmackDown
- Referee Bump In AEW Dynamite Main Event Leads To Controversial Finish