Former WWE star EC3 has said that he “can envision” himself joining AEW, specifically for a match against a certain big name.
EC3 was released by WWE in April 2020 and has since worked for IMPACT and Ring of Honor, as well as his own projects.
Speaking with Sportskeeda, the former TNA World Champion said:
“I can envision myself infiltrating and expanding my idea everywhere, and AEW would obviously be a target. (Jon) Moxley is a hell of a guy. I have a match that I do want to have, which is a true battle with that man. I think he can bring the best out of me and I can do the same to him. We’re different but also like-minded.
“He’s an incredible talent, always works hard but he’s stoic which I respect and enjoy. He’s not afraid to get his hands dirty, he’s not afraid to get rough, raw, and bring it. He’s not, nor am I, a pretty wrestler so to speak. It’s not clean or choreographed looking but it’s realistic and gritty which is what I like. If I’m rolling around in thumbtacks and glass with that dude on a big stage, yeah, I’d be cool with it.”
There is a backstory to EC3 vs Moxley in that it was a match between the two men that was the turning point for EC3 falling out of favor with WWE management, as they wanted him to be the babyface and Moxley (then Dean Ambrose) to be the heel, but the crowd was reacting the other way.
Quote via Wrestling Inc
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Ricky Starks Responds To Claim That LA Knight Is A ‘Better Rock’ Than Him
- Latest On WWE NXT Europe Plans
- Rare Stipulation For Cody Rhodes Vs. Brock Lesnar At SummerSlam Revealed?
- PHOTO: AEW Star Shows Off Stitches On His Face After Bloody Match
- Popular WWE Star Opens Up About Being Released: ‘Hard Pill To Swallow’
- KENTA Responds To Forbidden Door 2023 Rumors With Message For Tony Khan
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Seth Rollins On WWE World Heavyweight Championship: ‘We’re Not Naïve’