EC3 recently spoke with Fightful, and naturally, one of the topics that came up was leaving Impact Wrestling to join WWE in 2018.
While in Impact, EC3 was a main event star and former World Champion, but he made the decision to leave the company and sign for WWE as part of NXT.
On the decision to leave Impact for WWE, he said:
“My contract was still taking place. I decided to leave early because of the transitions going and I just thought it was a good time for other people to step up and a good time for me to challenge myself somewhere else at the moment. I had to do something different. Especially where my personal life was at that time. I needed a big change.
“I would say out of the decisions and the positive / negative board I created myself—positive at the very, very bottom, underneath like traveling way too much would have been like, “Yeah, Spud’s there. Cool.” I had talks with multiple things. But, there was something I felt I needed to accomplish at that time and that’s why I chose WWE.”
He also spoke about Impact management’s reaction to him leaving the company, saying:
“At that time I think they were experiencing so many changes. They inherited a mess. They’re doing great with it now, so I’m so happy for them. But, at the time I was pretty well compensated so I think they were okay with taking me off the books and helping me out, and being okay with it because they also wanted to build new and fresh people. So, yeah, they were okay with it,”
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Retiring AEW Name Thanks Company For ‘Beautiful Ending’
- AEW’s Andrade El Idolo Reacts To Charlotte Flair WWE Return
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London
- AEW Star Doesn’t Feel CM Punk Is As Toxic As Everybody Thinks He Is
- What Happened With Seth Rollins After WWE SmackDown June 9