It’s being reported that 11-time WWE World Champion Edge will be absent from WWE for the next several months.
On this past Friday’s SmackDown, he was carried out of Madison Square Garden on a stretcher, and as per Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, this was done as an on-screen explanation for his upcoming absence.
He was put on the stretcher after an attack from Seth Rollins, who had just beaten him in a highly-praised match. This came after Edge had beaten Rollins at SummerSlam.
Edge has a part-time deal with WWE so him taking time off is nothing surprising.
Unless he comes back for another match with Rollins as revenge for the attack, there have been no hints at who his next program could be, but he did say in a recent interview that he’d love to work with Sami Zayn.
There’s no word on exactly how long he will be out for besides it being for “a few months”.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results