It’s being reported that 11-time WWE World Champion Edge will be absent from WWE for the next several months.
On this past Friday’s SmackDown, he was carried out of Madison Square Garden on a stretcher, and as per Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, this was done as an on-screen explanation for his upcoming absence.
He was put on the stretcher after an attack from Seth Rollins, who had just beaten him in a highly-praised match. This came after Edge had beaten Rollins at SummerSlam.
Edge has a part-time deal with WWE so him taking time off is nothing surprising.
Unless he comes back for another match with Rollins as revenge for the attack, there have been no hints at who his next program could be, but he did say in a recent interview that he’d love to work with Sami Zayn.
There’s no word on exactly how long he will be out for besides it being for “a few months”.
- 14 New WWE Signings Confirmed
- Popular AEW Star Nearing Return After Over A Year Away?
- AEW Star Returns After Eight Months Off TV
- AEW Champion Attacked Backstage, Unable To Compete
- Potential New Member Of Christian Cage’s AEW Faction Revealed?
- Another AEW Star Seemingly Preparing To Join WWE
- Does Vince McMahon Want To Leave WWE Revealed
- New Dolph Zigger Post-WWE Appearance Confirmed
- Bryan Danielson Names Who He’d Add To AEW’s Blackpool Combat Club
- Did Adam Copeland Beat Christian Cage For The AEW TNT Championship