WWE Hall of Famer Edge made a reference to last week’s CM Punk/MJF AEW Dynamite promo during tonight’s WWE Raw.
Edge’s return segment was cut off by the returns of The Miz and Maryse, and what followed was a few minutes that could easily be perceived as WWE’s attempt to replicate the Punk/MJF segment.
Edge actually mentioned that very segment, when he said that Miz lives rent-free in people’s minds and even has people on other shows mentioning his name for cheap pops.
This was a response to CM Punk calling MJF a “less famous Miz” during their verbal battle on last week’s Dynamite. Punk and MJF also made plenty of other WWE references, including John Cena and Triple H.
Another slightly edgy comment Edge made (I didn’t even do that on purpose but I’ll take it) was saying that Miz uses WWE as a way to get notoriety and fame so he can appear on dance competitions and leave his partners “high and dry” to get fired.
John Morrison, who Miz had turned on in August in his last segment before he returned tonight, was released by WWE earlier this month.
There was actually a similar comment in an earlier segment on the show, when Liv Morgan said Becky Lynch’s big money contract is the reason her friends (Ruby Soho and Sarah Logan) were fired.
The segment ended with Edge challenging Miz to a fight and Miz declining, so it looks like that’ll be Edge’s next match.
- WWE Finds Another $5 Million In Payments By Vince McMahon That Should Have Been Classed As Company Expenses
- Huge Change Coming To AEW PPVs?
- AEW Stars’ Current Belief About MJF’s Status
- Tony Khan Drops Huge Tease For AEW ‘Quake By The Lake’
- WWE 2K23 Officially Confirmed, Release Date Window Revealed?
- AEW’s Anna Jay Officially Undergoes Name Change
- Ariya Daivari Working As Producer For AEW
- John Cena Status For WWE Clash At The Castle Revealed
- Triple H Splits Up WWE Tag Team
- Mandy Rose Calls Herself This NXT 2.0 Star’s ‘Mother’