A first time ever dream match took place at last night’s (December 26) WWE house show in Madison Square Garden.
The show saw a lot of last minute change due to several of WWE’s top stars testing positive for COVID-19. WWE Champion Big E, Raw Women’s Champion Becky Lynch, Seth Rollins and Bianca Belair were all removed from the show, with only Rollins being confirmed to have tested positive.
As such, WWE called Edge to action in MSG, where he took on and defeated Kevin Owens inside of a Steel Cage, the first time that the two Canadians had faced off in the ring.
The tests have left several of the matches announced for WWE Day 1 up in the air. WWE is said to be hoping that the card will be able to go ahead unchanged.
View this post on Instagram
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Blasts Tony Khan, Chris Jericho & More In Now-Deleted Instagram Post
- Top WWE Star Says Doctors ‘Aren’t Letting Them Compete’
- Chris Jericho Responds To CM Punk Instagram Story
- Naomi Confirms WWE Departure?
- CM Punk Shares Follow Up Message After Now-Deleted Instagram Story
- Rumor Killer On WWE Offering Insane Money To Internet Star
- WWE Hall Of Famer Thanks Tony Khan Following AEW Dynamite
- AEW Pitching Creative For Star Rumoured To Be Leaving
- AEW Star Helped Produce Incredible Kenny Omega Vs. El Hijo Del Vikingo Dream Match
- El Hijo Del Vikingo Next Match Announced By Tony Khan