Edge has stated that he wants to share the ring with Sami Zayn, praising the SmackDown star for his ‘incredible’ character work.
Since Money in the Bank, Edge has been feuding with Seth Rollins. Speaking with Sports Illustrated, The WWE Hall of Famer revealed that he is interested in working with a top Canadian talent.
Noting that he can’t wait to have a match with Sami Zayn, Edge said:
“I would love to share the ring with Sami Zayn. I would love to do it in Toronto. We’d keep it real simple. He can come out in his Habs jersey, I’ll come out in my Leafs jersey, and we’ll go from there.
“There’s a key to Sami’s success. There is an element of truth to all his promos. As a heel, you have to have that nugget of truth. If you have it, you can push everything else forward. So his promos feel much more real. He’s doing incredible work.”
“The crowd just knows to boo this guy. That’s to his credit. His promos, his character work—Sami is incredible. He’s gone from El Generico, then this plucky babyface with checkered tights and Mighty Mighty Bosstones–type music. Now he looks like some kind of dictator. I really dig it. Thinking about it, I can’t wait for it to happen.”
Sami Zayn competed on Friday’s Madison Square Garden SmackDown show in a 10-man tag match. Big E, one of the competitors in the match, would go on to cash in his Money in the Bank contract on Monday’s edition of Raw, pinning Bobby Lashley for the WWE Championship.
- AEW Star Announces 2023 Will Be Their Last Year Wrestling
- Discussions For Shocking Star To Be Undertaker’s Son In WWE
- Seth Rollins Pays Tribute To Brodie Lee At WWE Live Event In Rochester (Video)
- Huge Update On William Regal WWE Return
- Kurt Angle Reveals Major WWE Star Wanted To Join TNA
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- Here Is When Tegan Nox’s WWE Return Was Finalised
- Major Celebrity Says ‘Lets Do It’ To WWE Match Against The Paul Brothers
- AEW Star Recalls Heartwarming ‘WrestleMania Moment’ With Kevin Owens
- Edge Heaps Praise On Three Top AEW Stars