During Friday’s (September 24) GCW Getlostalot show, Effy defeated Matt Cardona for his Internet Championship.
The self-proclaimed ‘Deathmatch King’ revealed that he intended to invoke his GCW World Championship rematch clause to be added to the upcoming title bout between Jon Moxley and Nick Gage.
GCW owner Bret Lauderdale informed Cardona that he’d have to earn his way into the match, noting that he’d only be added to Moxley vs Gage if he successfully defended his Internet Title.
Cardona accepted the challenge before taunting Lauderdale. Effy promptly rolled up Cardona for the victory, ending the former Internet Champion’s historic reign.
Cardona has since taken to social media, referring to his loss as the “New York Screwjob”.
Relive it all NOW!
— FITE (@FiteTV) September 25, 2021
Cardona first introduced the title during a 2011 episode of Z! True Long Island Story. He had held the Internet Championship for over 10 years before Effy’s win.
Moxley vs Gage for the GCW World Championship is set for October 9 at GCW Fight Club.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw