After winning the NJPW Super J-Cup this past week, El Phantasmo called his semi-final opponent Will Ospreay an “Autistic Assassin” in a misjudged attempt to mock his Ospreay’s “Aerial Assassin” nickname.
He has now, and rightly so, issued an apology to Ospreay on Twitter.
I’d like to address my actions after winning the Super J Cup this past (weekend)….
In the heat of the moment I called Will Ospreay “The Autistic Assassin” and I want to say sorry to anyone that was offended by my comment. It was uncalled for on my behalf and you deserve better. Looking back I wish I didn’t say it, I promise it wasn’t scripted, it was an unnecessary way of getting cheap [heat] and I genuinely apologize if you were hurt by my words. I’ve never been comfortable on the mic, the inexperience showed and I promise to do better going forward.
— [E L P] (@elpwrestling) August 29, 2019
The majority of the comments thank Phantasmo for owning up to what he said and apologising, and rightly so. It’s a weird business and stupid things get said, so hopefully he’ll learn from this and hopefully there is no enmity between him and Ospreay.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15
- Two Former WWE Stars To Make AEW TV Debut On Rampage
- Real Reason For Tay Conti AEW Name Change
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Athena Accuses Leila Grey Of Helping Her Sneak Up On Jade Cargill
- Jon Moxley Unimpressed By Return Of CM Punk
- AEW Star Tay Conti Undergoes Name Change?
- NXT Star Causes Sasha Banks Controversy, CM Punk Returns To AEW, 14 New WWE Signings Revealed – News Bulletin – August 11, 2022