Tonight on Smackdown Live, Chad Gable and Elias were set to go one-on-one, with the winner of the match advancing to the King of the Ring tournament final at Clash of Champions this weekend.
Either Gable or Elias would have proceeded to a match on Sunday night at the pay-per-view against Baron Corbin. This comes after the “Lone Wolf” defeated both Ricochet and Samoa Joe last night on Raw.
However, WWE has announced on Twitter that Elias has been forced to pull out of tonights match and the King of the Ring tournament due to injury.
— WWE (@WWE) September 10, 2019
WWE.com‘s article had the following to say on the matter:
Due to an injury, Elias will not compete in his scheduled King of the Ring semifinal match against Chad Gable.
Stay with WWE Digital platforms and watch SmackDown LIVE tonight on USA Network at 8/7 c for further updates as the situation develops
WWE will likely announce another match for Chad Gable before tonight’s show at Madison Square Garden.
Make sure you stay tuned to WrestleTalk.com for the latest on this rather unfortunate situation.
- Former ROH Stars At WWE Tryout
- Winners Of ‘Wildcard’ Qualifiers For NXT Iron Survivor Challenge Revealed
- Sasha Banks Drops Latest Major Wrestling Return Tease
- William Regal Referenced During NXT
- MLW Star Richard Holliday Publicly Reveals Cancer Diagnosis
- AEW Star Says John Laurinaitis ‘Deserves His Misery’
- MJF Files New Trademark Relating To Infamous WWE Term
- The Usos Respond To Criticism Over PWI Tag Team 100 Ranking
- Tony Khan Responds To Criticism Of AEW’s Introduction Of New Wrestlers
- WWE Star ‘Very Apologetic’ After Botch During Raw