A huge update has emerged surrounding plans for an Elimination Chamber match this year, ahead of WrestleMania 38.
It was previously reported that the next WWE Saudi Arabia event will take place on February 19. As per Fightful Select (subscription required), the current working plan is for this year’s Elimination Chamber match to happen on this show.
The report noted that tentative preparation for the Elimination Chamber in Saudi Arabia has been going on since around the time of WWE Crown Jewel in November. It isn’t currently clear if the Saudi Arabia event will be named ‘Elimination Chamber’.
The report also stated that there has been discussion of potentially taping an episode of WWE TV in Saudi Arabia, however no plans have been confirmed.
WWE’s most recent Elimination Chamber matches took place at the 2021 iteration of the namesake pay-per-view. On the show, Daniel Bryan (Bryan Danielson) won the first Chamber match, before immediately challenging Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship.Drew McIntyre won the second to retain his WWE Championship, before The Miz cashed in Money in the Bank to claim the gold.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’