Last night on AEW Dynamite, it was announced that long-time rivals Sammy Guevara and Matt Hardy will culminate their rivalry in an Elite Deletion match at next month’s Full Gear pay-per-view event.
At this time, the rules for the Elite Deletion match have not yet been confirmed, but some have speculated that the match may be somewhat like the Ultimate Deletion match we saw in IMPACT Wrestling and later WWE with “Broken” Matt Hardy.
The feud between Sammy Guevara and Matt Hardy is one of the longest-running in AEW right now. Hardy has had issues with The Elite since way back in March, with his feud starting with Sammy a few months later in June.
The feud was likely supposed to end in September at All Out when Sammy and Hardy had a Last Man Standing match on pay-per-view. However, the match didn’t end as planned as Matt Hardy is believed to have suffered a concussion early on.
The following matches have now been confirmed for the Full Gear pay-per-view, which is scheduled to take place on November 9.
- Jon Moxley (c) vs. Eddie Kingston – AEW World Championship – I Quit Match
- FTR (c) vs. The Young Bucks – AEW World Tag Team Championship
- Sammy Guevara vs. Matt Hardy – Elite Deletion Match
- Cody or Orange Cassidy vs. Darby Allin – TNT Championship
- Hangman Page or Wardlow vs. Rey Fenix or Kenny Omega – Number One Contendership Tournament Final