The latest former WWE star to make their return under the Triple H regime took place on last night’s SmackDown, when former WWE star Emma (Tenille Dashwood) made her return to the company after five years away, answering SmackDown Women’s Champion Ronda Rousey’s open challenge.
While Emma was unsuccessful in unseating the Baddest Woman on the Planet, she has been officially added back to the company’s website as a member of the SmackDown brand.
Emma was released from WWE on October 29, 2017, just one day shy of five years to the day of her return on the blue brand, which took place on October 28, 2022.
Emma took to Twitter after the show was over, simply tweeting ‘home’ with a heart emoji, but she has since shared a more emotional message following her return to WWE.
5 years ago today I was heartbroken feeling like my dream had come to an end. Today my heart is so full! I’m overwhelmed by the amount of support I have. You guys are the best. Now… I’ve got some unfinished business to take care of! @WWE
Emma’s return has sparked reports of numerous other former WWE women’s stars that the company is hoping to bring back into the fold, with one name in particular being former NXT star Tegan Nox, who was released from the company back in November of 2021.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’