Buddy Murphy and Cedric Alexander both left 205 Live for Smackdown and Raw respectively after WrestleMania 35. Since then, the brand has felt somewhat lacking in star power or credibility.
However, former Raw and Smackdown Tag Team Champion Chad Gable made his 205 Live debut in what was a fantastic match against “Gentleman” Jack Gallagher this week. He adds some much-needed quality to the 205 Live ranks.
The former Olympic athlete picked up the win over Gallagher on the show, but according to Dave Meltzer, the ending was botched.
The match ended via count-out after Jack Gallagher failed to get back into the ring before the referee counted to ten. However, Meltzer noted in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that the match was not supposed to end that way.
“The finish of the Gable vs. Gallagher match on 205 Live did not go as planned. The count out was not supposed to be the finish but the ref called it as a shoot”.
Meltzer did not specify what the planned finish was, but one has to assume that Chad Gable was supposed to have an emphatic debut by either pinning or tapping out Jack Gallagher in his first match on the purple brand.
It is nice to see Chad Gable finally getting the chance to shine. He is far too talented to be doing nothing on the main roster. However, it is not known at this time whether Gable’s appearance on 205 Live was a one-off, or whether he is now a permanent fixture of WWE’s Cruiserweight division.
- CM Punk Posts Bizarre Instagram Story About Shawn Michaels
- Update On CM Punk Claiming Tony Khan Wanted Him To Wrestle While Not Medically Cleared
- Report: News On Rumored Backstage Heat Between CM Punk & Jon Moxley
- Ronda Rousey WrestleMania 39 Match Confirmed
- AEW Match Stopped Due To Injury
- Dustin Rhodes Opens Up About Cody Rhodes
- What CM Punk Told Kenny Omega After All Out Backstage Fight
- AEW Star Shares Message For Dominik Mysterio Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Bray Wyatt & Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Charlotte Flair Mentions Bella Twins & Mercedes Moné On SmackDown