Enzo Amore (nZo) began to trend on Twitter after his former tag team partner, Big Cass (W. Morrissey) made his AEW debut.
Following some not-so-subtle hints, Morrissey was revealed to be Wardlow’s mystery opponent on Wednesday’s (May 4) edition of Dynamite. Wardlow ultimately won the bout via pinfall.
During the bout, the Baltimore, Maryland crowd had duelling chants, with a portion of the fans in attendance chanting ‘we want nZo’, and others replying ‘no we don’t’. nZo’s name was trending on Twitter following the bout, with many fans weighing in on the chants, and Morrissey’s debut.
‘Enzo & Cass’ first teamed together on NXT in 2013, before gaining popularity and arriving on Raw in April 2016. They teamed together until 2017, when they both went on singles runs, before nZo was let go in January 2018, and Morrissey that June.
nZo has notably been active in MLW, most recently wrestling for the brand during last month’s Azteca Underground tapings. He is slated to face off against Lince Dorado during the upcoming Kings of Colosseum show.
Morrissey has been wrestling for IMPACT since April 2021, and was in action during the recent Rebellion pay-per-view.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
We want Enzo chants break out.
— Brian H. Waters (@brianhwaters) May 5, 2022
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- D-Von Dudley Recalls The Usos Asking For Permission To Use The 3D
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Former ROH Owner Cary Silkin Shares Honest Thoughts On Chris Jericho Title Win
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’