Eric Bischoff served as the executive director of SmackDown for a period last year. Now, he has revealed that he and other folks backstage would watch AEW Dynamite.
Bischoff made this reveal on AEW’s YouTube channel where he, Conrad Thompson and Tony Khan gave their predictions for Fight for the Fallen. Here is the full quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“I do want to say this, one of the things that I think has distinguished [AEW] from anybody else, even when I was with WWE last year, I sat down and watched both shows side-by-side and I was working with WWE at the time and I was watching it in a writer’s conference room with a bunch of other writers.”
Bischoff also discussed how he thinks AEW is handling their presentation much better than WWE right now.
“One of the first things that I noticed was that [AEW] is handling the production so much better. When I watched the show during COVID, the way they’re shooting the show, it’s tighter, [they] embrace the venue instead of camouflaging it. Somebody asked, ‘What did you think?’ I told him what I thought. [AEW] feels more like live TV and feels gritty enough to convince me it’s live. It feels gritty enough to feel like it’s live.”
Fight for the Fallen will be taking place on July 15. Jon Moxley will defend the AEW World Championship in the main event against Brian Cage.
Are you surprised by what Eric Bischoff has said? Let us know on Twitter!
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39