Eric Bischoff has named Bill Goldberg as the person who was the most difficult to work with during his tenured career.
Speaking during a special Q&A episode of his 83 Weeks Podcast, Bischoff said:
“On a consistent basis it would’ve been Bill Goldberg. Not necessarily in a bad way, just that Bill was a very intense person, emotional and didn’t have a lot of experience and was pretty uncomfortable in a pro wrestling environment when he first got there. As a result, you take somebody who’s an intense personality, a very intense personality, a bit of a perfectionist who puts a lot of pressure on himself. Also, lacking a lot of the experience and comfort that comes with experience, you get a guy who’s a little hard to handle or sometimes a lot hard to handle. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, just a thing.”
Bischoff went on to discuss whether or not he feels as though CM Punk should turn heel on the back of his previous comments in which he stated Punk has s**t the bed since joining AEW.
“I don’t really have any thoughts on that. I didn’t watch Punk a lot in WWE because I just wasn’t watching WWE a lot in the period of time that he was there. Not as familiar with the peak of Punk’s WWE persona or character so I can’t really comment on it. I think what we all want as fans is to feel connected to a story and a character and generally the more intense that story or character is, the more appealing it becomes to the wrestling audience.
“I would agree that a level of intensity [is what Punk needs] but that could apply to just about anybody and any character so let’s just wait and see. Punk’s only been around now for a relatively brief time and I think I’ve mentioned, so far, not impressed. Not disappointed but not overly impressed either. The ratings would suggest the vast majority of people feel the way I do. Not pissed off, not elated, just waiting for something to happen so let’s see what happens.”
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Professional Wrestling Term Added To Merriam-Webster Dictionary
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- Tiffany Stratton Reveals Why WWE Won’t Allow Her To Use ‘Barbie’ Nickname
- ‘Make The Fight’: AEW Star Calls For Match Against Keith Lee