Eric Bischoff has spoken about his recent WWE Raw appearance, explaining how his return to the company came to be.
Bischoff returned to WWE TV to officiate The Miz & Maryse’s vow renewal ceremony on the December 27 episode of Raw. Speaking on his 83 Weeks podcast, Bischoff revealed that he had received a call from Bruce Prichard on the Thursday prior, about a potential appearance.
Discussing the backstage interactions he had before the show began, Bischoff said:
“We finally got in and got settled, and I got a call from Bruce Prichard. He said, ‘Hey Eric. So, do you think you can make TV Monday?’ This was Thursday afternoon. I said, ‘Well, first of all, where is it because I’m in Florida?’ If it was a West Coast trip, I couldn’t have made it. He said, ‘It’s in Detroit, your hometown.’ I said, ‘Ok, I can make that.’
“He said, ‘Well, why don’t you get a really light colored pastel suit and expect it to get trashed. There’s going to be a wedding.’ That’s all he told me, no details, not who, nothing. I got there, and what’s funny is I didn’t even know Bruce wasn’t going to be at TV until about four in the afternoon. I had fun.
“I got to hang out with Edge a little bit. We had a great conversation. Kevin Owens, I dig Kevin. We stay in touch through social media. I had a blast doing it. I’ve never done anything in the ring, not even a promo with Miz before. I’ve never worked with him in any way, shape, or form. I worked with him on this, him and his wife Maryse. They’re really, really good.
“When you get a chance to work with somebody that’s as good as Miz is, and Maryse, she is really good too, it’s so much fun, and it’s so noticeable. There’s such a difference between somebody who’s absolutely at the top of their game when it comes to dialogue and performing in that type of scenario vs someone who is not that familiar with it or hasn’t done a lot of it. There’s a reason why Miz has been there as long as he has at the level that he is because he is really, really good as a performer. It was fun working with him.”
Edge defeated The Miz at WWE Day 1. Edge will team with his wife, Beth Phoenix, to face off against The Miz & Maryse at Royal Rumble.
Quote via WrestlingNews.Co.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- OUT NOW – WrestleTalk’s ‘Wrestling Unmasked’: Ripping The Mask Off The Crime, Politics And Intrigue Beyond The Ring