Eva Marie made her return to WWE TV on June 14, 2021, where she accompanied Piper Niven, later renamed as Doudrop, to the ring for her victory over Naomi.
The pairing seemed to take WWE fans by surprise, but according to Eva herself, it was actually the plan for a while.
Speaking with TV Insider, Eva said:
“I knew for quite some time about getting paired with Doudrop and the vignettes and going into that creatively. It was a matter of the timing of when it would be put in the actual show. It just so happened that now is the time. The fact that I got to experience the ThunderDome before we actually start having live crowds again is amazing.”
Eva then went on to praise her on-screen protegee, saying:
“Having Doudrop to work with is awesome. Not only is she an incredible athlete, but I enjoy working with her because it creates another element to the division.”
It was reported recently that Vince McMahon himself is a fan of the pairing, and that he “loves” the way the story is going to progress.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed