WWE began airing the Total Divas reality show back in 2013. The cast of the show was made up of WWE stars Nikki & Brie Bella, Cameron, Naomi & Natalya, as well as new WWE recruits Jojo Offerman and Eva Marie.
Speaking to TV Insider, Eva spoke about the influence that the show had on the fans, even claiming that the show was what really got people talking about women’s wrestling in the company.
“I’m super fortunate and happy that I had that opportunity. In hindsight, it is kind of crazy I was doing everything for the first time on camera as well. Whether it was in the company filming a reality show, being in a relationship, getting married. It helped me grow so much. It opened so many eyes to more women becoming fans of WWE. Total Divas was on the E! Network, so you’re opening up the demographic to so many women to watch that show and channel. Total Divas came around, and now all of a sudden they are watching Raw and SmackDown. It was really where the whole evolution of women and women’s wrestling really started and got talked about. I was grateful to be on it for six seasons because it created such an awesome fan base for me.”
Total Divas ran for a total 9 seasons between 2013 and 2019.
Eva Marie recently was the subject of a lot of fan backlash on Twitter, trending long into the night after Raw was over.
- Another Huge Update On Edge’s WWE Future
- WWE Airs Hype Video For Jade Cargill On SmackDown
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- High Praise For Released WWE Star Within AEW
- WWE Star ‘Miraculously’ Recovers From Injury
- LA Knight Teaming With John Cena & More Additions To WWE Fastlane 2023
- NXT Star Appears On SmackDown, Teases Main Roster Match
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed