It seems like we now know the exact nature of the injury that has put AEW World Champion CM Punk out of action.
AEW announced on last night’s Dynamite that Punk had successful surgery earlier in the day, but still didn’t actually mention what the injury was.
Well it sounds like it’s now been revealed, as Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that all signs point to it being a broken foot. Meltzer said:
“So Punk had his surgery today. I don’t know why they don’t say it was a broken foot, and he hasn’t actually said it was a broken foot, but he had foot surgery today, and I guess it went well.
“You know I broke my foot about 5/6 years ago right? So, Punk asked me all about when I broke my foot. So, it’s like, I guess he had a broken foot, right?
“He didn’t tell me had a broken foot, but he asked me did I need surgery and questions about a broken foot, so I presume it’s a broken foot.”
If you use this transcription or any portion of it please credit WrestleTalk.com and link to this page.
Another sign is that Max Caster did actually reference CM Punk having a broken foot during his pre-match rap last night.
Still, as of yet, neither Punk nor AEW have explicitly said exactly what the injury was.
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- Santos Escobar Banished From NXT After Losing To Tony D’Angelo
- Tony Khan Announces Ricky The Dragon Steamboat To Appear On AEW Dynamite
- Becky Lynch Shares Update On Shoulder Injury
- Rey Mysterio Still Has CM Punk’s Hair From 2010 Rivalry
- Final Set For G1 Climax 32 Tournament