News has emerged detailing exactly what happened with MJF backstage at AEW Double Or Nothing before and after his match with Wardlow.
As previously reported, MJF showed up to the venue at “the last minute”. PWInsider states that he arrived while the Buy-In was on the air and was immediately “sequestered” into a room.
Most of the locker room didn’t even know that he was there because this happened so quickly.
When his music hit for his entrance, he wasn’t even in the Go Position (what AEW calls its Gorilla Position), so even some people who knew he was there, actually got worried that he’d left.
Of course he did emerge and the match took place, with him getting squashed by Wardlow and stretchered out.
PWInsider’s report goes on to say that, after he was stretchered out, he left the building immediately, instead of staying for the rest of the show, and was seen exiting the venue with Pat Buck.
In terms of how people backstage reaction, it was added that “there were some talents upset with him over the situation”.
The latest update on the story with regards to the future is that there was a “sit-down meeting” planned with MJF and Tony Khan. A full recap of the story so far can be found at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Star’s Victory Ends 17-Year Streak At Night Of Champions 2023
- Shane McMahon Update Following WrestleMania 39 Injury
- Jey Uso Breaks His Silence After Jimmy Uso Betrays Roman Reigns At Night Of Champions 2023
- AEW Star Wants Rematch With Mercedes Mone
- VIDEO: What Happened After WWE Night Of Champions 2023 Went Off The Air?
- PHOTO: WWE Star Buys His Mother A House
- Multiple Stars Left ‘Frustrated’ By Current WWE Merch
- Rikishi Reacts To Bloodline Implosion At WWE Night Of Champions 2023
- ‘Last Minute’ Change To AEW Double Or Nothing 2023 Revealed
- ‘Crazy’ Plans For AEW Double Or Nothing 2023