Imperium were one of the best stables WWE has produced in the past decade. Sure, it was basically a knock-off of Walter’s pre-WWE group Ringkampf, but he, Marcel Barthel and Fabian Aichner had something really unique for a while.
Unfortunately for Aichner, while both Walter, who is now Gunther, and Marchel Barthel, who is now Ludwig Kaiser, were called up to the main roster, he was left in NXT, without a tag team, and without direction.
Well fans of Aichner, despair no more, because it looks like he’s on his way back to NXT TV with a new name and new gimmick, as a vignette from last night’s NXT 2.0 appears to have introduced us all to the new Fabian Aichner.
As you’ll see below, the name of the character is Giovanni Vinci, and the video showed a well-dressed man walking around Venice, because he’s Italian, and WWE has very little imagination with these things it seems.
Fabian Aichner, which is his real name, clearly wasn’t Italian-sounding enough for WWE, so Giovanni Vinci it is, because that’s the most Italian name there is.
It must be said we haven’t had it confirmed this is Aichner’s new character, but all the evidence points that way, and WWE recently filed to trademark the name.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) May 25, 2022
- Several In WWE ‘Unhappy’ With Recent Release
- Matt Riddle Makes Cryptic Announcement After WWE Release
- Major Update On Edge WWE Status Amid Departure Rumours
- Shawn Michaels Addresses Potentially Working With CM Punk In NXT
- Top WWE Star Expected To Return On September 29 SmackDown?
- Top WWE Star Believes Their Debut Was ‘More Shameful’ Than The Shockmaster
- Shawn Michaels Comments On Potentially Having Jade Cargill In NXT
- NJPW, MLW & CMLL Form New Strategic Alliance
- AEW Star Denies Being Under Mask On Dynamite But Says He Knows Who Was
- Released WWE Star Hilariously Reacts To AEW Dynamite Closing Angle