A female WWE star says she “would love to” enter the Men’s Royal Rumble match.
Only four women have ever entered the Men’s Royal Rumble match. Those being Chyna, Beth Phoenix, Kharma and Nia Jax. However, there is a current female WWE star that would love to become the fifth.
In a new interview with Sportskeeda’s WrestleBinge, Rhea Ripley said she would “love” to make an appearance in the Men’s Royal Rumble match this year. She said:
“Yeah, I would love to enter the men’s Royal Rumble. It would be a lot of fun and it’s a history-making thing.”
Ripley specifically mentioned Phoenix’s 2010 Royal Rumble appearance and said she’d love to follow her footsteps given Beth’s influence on her career. Pointing out how impactful her potential entrance in the match could be for the women’s division, Rhea stated:
“Trying to fill the shoes of someone like Beth Phoenix and help this women’s evolution, I think I would love to step into the men’s Royal Rumble.”
Rhea Ripley is set to take part in the Women’s Royal Rumble match at this year’s titular event on January 28. For the full lineup for the show, click here.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Cody Rhodes Claims He Almost Got Into A Backstage Fight With Top WWE Star
- Final 2023 WWE Hall Of Fame Inductee Revealed
- Update On WWE’s Confidence In Signing Jay White & Kota Ibushi
- Vince McMahon ‘Not That Involved’ In WWE Creative Says Nick Khan
- PHOTOS: First Look At WrestleMania 39 Stage
- Former WWE NXT Star Makes AEW Debut
- Pat McAfee WrestleMania 39 Status Revealed
- Top AEW Name Says AEW Needs CM Punk & Believes He Will Be Back
- Major Name To Return To WWE When Company Is Sold?
- Britt Baker Says She ‘Still Has Questions’ Regarding Thunder Rosa Injury Status