Last week’s episode of WWE SmackDown was one of the best in recent memory. With a number of long matches and a big announcement in the main event segment, it was a memorable episode, to say the least.
Showbuzz Daily has revealed the final updated viewership for the April 22, 2021 episode of SmackDown. The show garnered an average of 2.121 million viewers and a 5.2 rating in the key 18-49 male demographic.
The show was focused on Cesaro challenging Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship. While Reigns declined to accept Cesaro’s challenge, Reigns did extend an offer to Daniel Bryan. Reigns offered Bryan a title shot with the condition being that Bryan needed to put his career on the line. Bryan accepted and the match was set for next week.
SmackDown also featured a handful of other matches as well. Apollo Crews successfully defended his Intercontinental Championship against Kevin Owens with the help of Commander Azeez in the biggest match of the night.
Elsewhere, Rey and Dominik Mysterio were able to defeat Alpha Academy perhaps putting them in like for a shot at the SmackDown Tag Team Championship.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Bad Bunny Gets Involved In Match At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Match Order For WrestleMania 39 Night One Revealed