More details have emerged on WWE’s current recruitment strategy, revealing that Finn Balor helped to bring in a recent signing.
In late December 2022, Dragon Lee took to the mic at AAA Noche de Campeones to reveal that he had signed with WWE.
WWE has been touting the luchador as a major acquisition since then, sharing statements on the high-profile signing.
Following Dragon Lee’s announcement, several sources have reported that WWE intends to sign more top names.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Finn Balor helped to bring Dragon Lee into WWE. The report revealed that WWE has been using ‘intermediaries’ to express interest in potential signings.
WWE is reportedly interested in signing NJPW star Hikuleo. The rising star is set to face Jay White in a ‘Loser Leaves Japan’ match, following the Switchblade’s challenge during the January 5 New Year’s Dash event.
In the main event of Wrestle Kingdom 17 the night prior, Jay White dropped his IWGP World Heavyweight Championship to Kazuchika Okada.
Stars from WWE and AEW also wrestled on the show in title matches.
Check out the full results from NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17 right here.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Major Stipulation Added To NXT Stand & Deliver Match
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change