Finn Balor made his return to the WWE main roster on July 16, when he returned to the SmackDown brand and laid out Sami Zayn.
Balor recently spoke to BT Sport, where he revealed that if it was up to him, the main roster return would not have happened just yet, and he would have instead popped up on NXT UK.
“The surprise appearance at NXT UK about two years ago was something I was really excited about and it wasn’t going to be a one-off, it was going to be more of a regular thing to work towards a match with WALTER. It got taken away from us by the pandemic. It’s still something I am still super invested in. Believe it or not, before I returned to SmackDown, I could feel the run in NXT kind of coming to an end and kinda exhausted all of the resources there. I actually pitched the idea of moving to NXT UK, and obviously, that might have been a bold move and maybe a bold pitch.”
Balor has wrestled once for NXT UK previously, when he defeated Jordan Devlin at NXT UK Takeover Blackpool in January 2019.
Balor instead will challenge Roman Reigns for the Universal Championship on tomorrow’s (September 3) episode of SmackDown.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- AEW Rampage Live Results – May 27, 2022
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022