A couple of weeks ago Finn Balor took part in a brutally physical match against Kyle O’Reilly at NXT TakeOver: 31. During the match, Balor suffered a jaw injury which appeared to affect the ending of the match.
Afterward, it was revealed he had suffered a broken jaw. The current NXT Champion underwent surgery earlier this week to repair his jaw.
Today, Balor posted a picture on his Twitter account of his jaw and how it was recovering.
?WEDNESDAY ? pic.twitter.com/pxYKYOtw3M
— Finn Bálor (@FinnBalor) October 14, 2020
As someone with some familiarity with broken jaws, that looks fairly unpleasant. As you can see, he is still swollen. However, his emojis say he’s still smiling.
The initial timing said he’d be out for a little over a month. With that said, he certainly won’t be appearing on tonight’s NXT.
Here’s what is advertised for tonight’s show:
- Damian Priest (c) vs. Dexter Lumis – NXT North American Championship
- Austin Theory vs. Johnny Gargano
- Candice LeRae vs. Shotzi Blackheart to determine the #1 contender to the NXT Women’s Championship
- Bobby Fish & Roderick Strong vs. Danny Burch & Oney Lorcan to determine the #1 contenders to the NXT Tag Team Championship
- Toni Storm in action
- Ember Moon interview
As always, you can follow along with the live results on WrestleTalk.
- Malakai Black Denies Being Granted AEW Release
- Report: Tony Khan Not Granting Any AEW Releases
- Candice LeRae Makes WWE Return On WWE Raw
- Major Hint That ‘White Rabbit’ Could Be Malakai Black?
- Big Change To AEW Dynamite Due To Hurricane Ian
- Changes Coming Soon To AEW Television?
- AEW Battle Of The Belts IV Air Date Revealed
- Update On AEW Rampage & WWE SmackDown Going Head To Head
- Further Evidence Of Bray Wyatt Extreme Rules Return?
- Dax Harwood Shares Heartwarming Picture With Daughter On Twitter