The Summer of Cena is officially behind us. Cena’s last contracted date with WWE was last Friday’s (September 10) episode of SmackDown from Madison Square Garden, where he teamed with the Mysterios to defeat Roman Reigns and the Usos in a dark match.
Cena set up his match with Roman Reigns at SummerSlam by interrupting a contract signing between Reigns and Finn Balor, signing the contract in Balor’s place.
Balor recently spoke to the Mirror, and he hasn’t forgotten about Cena taking his SummerSlam spot, and says that they can settle their issue at WrestleMania.
“I can’t think of a better place to face John Cena than at WrestleMania. I’ve got a bone to pick with John, the SummerSlam main event was mine, my name was printed on the contract, however, John signed it. There’s certainly an issue that needs to be settled between me and John and if we can do that at WrestleMania all the better.”
Balor does have a Universal Championship match with Reigns set for September 26 at WWE Extreme Rules, where he’ll be wrestling as his ‘Demon’ alter ego.
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy