First-ever WWE Universal Champion Finn Bálor hasn’t necessarily had the best time of it of late, losing the Intercontinental Championship to Bobby Lashley on last week’s Raw after only holding the strap for 21 days.
However, if the Irishman’s recent comments regarding the Undertaker and WrestleMania are anything to go by, he hasn’t let this get him down.
Finn was recently representing WWE in Abu Dhabi for the World Games, and was a guest on the Kris Fade Show, where he said he’d “really love” to take on the ‘Deadman’ at ‘Mania, but does note he hasn’t taken his focus off Lashley and the IC Title just yet:
“Well, I would really love to fight Undertaker at WrestleMania but given the fact that I lost the title on Monday, I think I’m gonna attempt to convince Stephanie [McMahon] who I know is here at the World Games, to get me a rematch against Bobby Lashley for the IC Title.”
Bálor and a mystery partner will take on Lashley and his pal Lio Rush in a tag match tomorrow on Raw, but WWE appears to be advertising Finn’s Demon persona for WrestleMania, which opens up a world of possibilities.
Thanks to Fightful for the quote transcription.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Newest Update On Bobby Lashley Vs. Bray Wyatt WrestleMania 39 Status
- Report: AEW Star’s Contract Has Expired
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Update On Legitimate Injury During AEW Dynamite
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- This NXT Star Trained Vince McMahon & Steve Austin For WrestleMania Matches
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut