During his latest Grillin’ JR podcast, AEW commentator and WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross spoke at length about former Women’s Champion Chyna.
Ross revealed that Chyna was the first woman in WWE history to earn over $1,000,000 per year. However, he does not that this money didn’t help the former WWE star find happiness, courtesy of Wrestling News
“She was probably the first woman wrestler to make 7 figures, in other words, make a million dollars or more. I know that to be fact because I was in charge of doing that, the payroll. She got paid real well for being booked with HHH who was getting paid real well for being a main event guy and evolving his game. She did accomplish so much, but she never accomplished finding true happiness and that’s the sad part of this whole story.”
Chyna broke down several barriers for women in WWE, becoming the first woman to hold a men’s title and was also the first woman to entre the Royal Rumble match, a feat that was later matched by Beth Phoenix and Nia Jax.
A recent report from UK newspaper The Mirror notes that only two current female WWE stars are earning over the $1,000,000 mark. You can find out who they are, as well as the salaries of several other major WWE stars, by clicking here,
- Brandi Rhodes Makes In-Ring Return For WWE
- PHOTOS: Sasha Banks Victim Of Car Break-In
- NXT UK Invasion On NXT Heatwave
- Santos Escobar Breaks Silence Following NXT Departure
- Fascinating Details On ‘Real-Life Animosity’ Between John Cena & The Rock
- WWE Spoils Result Of Upcoming Championship Match
- WWE Reaches Out To AEW Star, Brandi Rhodes WWE In-Ring Return, NXT UK Invades NXT 2.0 – News Bulletin – August 17, 2022
- AEW Star Kris Statlander Expected Out For 6-8 Months
- Eric Bischoff Says Tony Khan Is Booking AEW ‘Like A 14-Year-Old’
- Renee Paquette Recalls Vince McMahon Laughing At Her For Needing To Pee