The first four athletes who will be attending the WWE tryouts in Nashville during SummerSlam weekend have been confirmed.
The tryouts will see over 50 college athletes attempt to impress WWE management enough to earn NXT contracts.
Triple H and Big E will both be attending to evaluate the athletes along with other members of the WWE recruitment team.
PWInsider has now confirmed the following four athletes will be attending the tryouts:
- Derrian Gobourne – 21, A six-time All American Gymnast who competes for Auburn Gymnastics. She was signed to a WWE NIL deal this past June
- Lenaya Griffin – Track and Field star for Long Beach State University. She was named Track Athlete of the Week for week of 4/12/22 by BigWest.Org
- Lea Simone Mitchell – Michigan State alum who competed for five years on the University’s gymnastics team
- Lamont McDougle – Defensive Lineman for The University of Texas at San Antonio football team. He previously played football for Washington State and West Virginia as well
We’ll let you know of any more names that are confirmed in the coming weeks leading up to SummerSlam on July 30.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Seth Rollins Issues Apology To AEW Star
- Injured AEW Star ‘Close’ To Returning
- Blackpool Combat Club Match Announced For May 31 AEW Dynamite
- What Bandido Was Wearing On AEW Dynamite Explained
- Big Forbidden Door 2023 Teases On AEW Dynamite?
- Tony Khan Provides Latest On Potential AEW Streaming Deal
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Top WWE Raw Star Advertised For June 2 SmackDown Show
- Major Athlete Set For Appearance At WWE SummerSlam?
- CM Punk AEW Return Date Announced By Tony Khan