2K Games has released a new trailer for WWE 2K22, giving fans a sneak peak at the anticipated GM mode and new controls.
The ‘WWE 2K22 Hit List Trailer’, featuring the likes of Goldberg, Rey Mysterio and Bayley, lists the features that the developers believe will make the game ‘hit different’. These features include a redesigned gameplay engine, a new 2K Showcase mode, and stunning graphics.
The video also featured a clip of the user booking a Roman Reigns vs Big E showdown on the new ‘My GM’ mode. Earlier this year, Sports Gamer Online reported that this new mode was a ‘top priority’ for the upcoming release.
2K also included a graphic of the new controls for Xbox. It was previously announced that the game controls were receiving an overhaul in order to make the game more accessible for newer fans of the series.
Here is the trailer:
2K also issued the following press release:
2K Unveils Top-10 Hit List of Features and Innovations Coming to WWE® 2K22 in March
Redesigned gameplay engine, new controls and MyGM mode, and franchise-first MyFACTION among advancements headlining the most impressive WWE 2K experience to date
Today, 2K and Visual Concepts unveiled the WWE® 2K22 Hit List, an early look at the top-10 features that will make WWE 2K22 hit different in March 2022, including foundational improvements, fan-favorite inclusions, and all-new game modes.
The WWE 2K Hit List promises sensational new additions, including:
- Redesigned Gameplay Engine: The most important change in WWE 2K22 is in the engine itself. Visual Concepts redesigned the gameplay and animation engine from the ground up to make every dive, kickout, and finisher feel as real as if players were sitting ringside at WrestleMania. As soon as players pick up the controller, they’ll feel the difference;
- New Controls: The updated and incredibly intuitive control scheme hits different this year. Configured to ensure that players have more control over every move, in every situation, WWE 2K22 is easy to pick up and play, while still allowing for high-skill expression;
- Stunning Graphics: Simply put, WWE 2K22 boasts the best-ever graphics of the WWE 2K franchise. Scanninging and animations are executed using the same industry-leading process as Visual Concepts’ NBA 2K franchise and the team overhauled lighting and relit the game from the ground up;
- Immersive Presentation: The most dynamic entry in the series to date will take players out of the crowd and into the ring, creating an authentic WWE feeling throughout the game;
- New WWE 2K Showcase: Players can take a walk down memory lane and relive a legendary WWE Superstar’s most iconic matches and moments;
- MyGM: Players will draft superstars, book matches, manage contracts, and prove they have what it takes to run the most successful brand in sports entertainment;
- MyFACTION: In a franchise-first, the all-new MyFACTION puts players in control of building a legendary faction that rivals the iconic nWo. Players will collect, manage, and upgrade Superstars, with weekly events and regular updates;
- MyRISE: An opportunity for players to experience the journey of a WWE Superstar from the humble beginnings of a Rookie, followed by the fanfare as a Superstar, and then immortalized as a Legend. New storylines will be available for both male and female MyPLAYERs;
- Universe Mode: Universe Mode returns, offering players more control than ever before over brands, PPVs, match results, rivalries, and much more;
- Creation Suite: The Creation Suite is back and better than ever. Players can be themselves or someone/something entirely different, with all sorts of wild options and fantasy elements, then step into the ring at anytime and anywhere in the world.
WWE 2K22 is currently scheduled for release in March 2022, with additional details to be revealed in January 2022.
Visual Concepts is a 2K studio. 2K is a wholly owned publishing label of Take-Two Interactive Software, Inc. (NASDAQ: TTWO).
Last month, it was revealed that the original WWE 2K22 DLC plans were ‘ruined’ by WWE releases, with a ‘minimum of four’ of the stars released on August 6 reportedly set to be featured in WWE 2K22 as DLC.
More in-ring performers have been released since this report was first shared. 18 stars were let go by WWE on November 4.
A full WWE 2K22 gameplay reveal is coming in January next year, ahead of the title’s release in March 2022.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – June 24, 2022
- AEW Rampage Live Results – June 24, 2022
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- Aliyah Pulled From WWE SmackDown Match
- Pat McAfee Challenges Happy Corbin To SummerSlam Match
- Viking Raiders Return As Heels With New Look On WWE SmackDown
- Amanda Huber Shares Heartbreaking Story Behind An Infamous Brodie Lee Pic
- Tammy Sytch Legal Update
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- AEW Set To Be Involved With Shark Week, New Gimmick Match Planned