The first match for G1 Supercard has been made official. At the conclusion of New Japan Pro Wrestling and Ring of Honor’s joint show Honor Rising, The Briscoes challenged the Guerrillas of Destiny to a match for both the IWGP Tag Team Championships and the ROH World Tag Team Championships. The Tongans then emerged and accepted the challenge.
This sets the stage for the first official match at G1 Supercard. The Briscoes made the challenge after successfully defending their ROH World Tag Team titles against David Finlay and Juice Robinson. The Guerrillas of Destiny had won the IWGP Tag Team titles earlier in the night from EVIL and SANADA.
This will be the first time in nearly three years and only the third time ever that the two teams will compete in a two-on-two match. Their previous two matches came at Dominion 2016 and King of Pro Wrestling 2016. At Dominion, The Briscoes defeated GoD to win the IWGP Tag Team Championships and at King of Pro Wrestling, GoD won them back.
G1 Supercard will take place on April 6th, from Madison Square Garden in New York City. The show will feature both Ring of Honor and New Japan Pro Wrestling matches. Despite this being the first official match announced for the show, we know that Jay White will defend the IWGP Heavyweight Championship against the winner of the New Japan Cup in the main event.
- Former WWE Wrestler Corroborates Rita Chatterton’s Rape Allegation Against Vince McMahon
- WWE Raw Live Results – June 27, 2022
- Chris Jericho, Bryan Danielson & Paul Wight Appear On WWE Raw
- What Happened After AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Went Off Air?
- Stipulation Added To Kevin Owens WWE Raw Match
- Backstage Details On AEW Stars Appearing On Raw, Jon Moxley Injury Update, Vince McMahon Allegations – Audio News Bulletin – June 28, 2022
- WWE Star Aliyah Dealing With An Injury
- John Cena Granted Make-A-Wish Foundation Wishes Before WWE Raw
- Backstage Update On Ronda Rousey & Natalya WWE SmackDown Segment
- Backstage Reaction To Upcoming John Cena WWE Return