There was a lot of intrigue surrounding the Elite heading into tonight’s AEW Dynamite show.
The Elite made their return to the company at Full Gear for the first time since their suspension following the AEW All Out media scrum.
The Elite were greeted to a hero’s welcome on the show, including loud chants of ‘f**k CM Punk’, which the Elite brought attention to during Being The Elite.
Tonight’s episode of Dynamite though took place in Chicago, the hometown of CM Punk.
Fans had wondered if Chicago would welcome them back, or if they would also pick a side.
We have our answer.
The show opened up to loud chants of CM Punk before the pyro had even finished.
Then, when the Wayward Sons made their way out, they were greeted with deafening boos, and loud chants of ‘CM Punk!’.
The match started with loud chants of ‘f**k The Elite!’.
Their opponents, the heels of Death Triangle, were given the hero’s welcome instead, with the Elite being booed. Kenny Omega also mocked CM Punk’s taunt as he went for the Terminator dive.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) November 24, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Heat On AEW World Champion MJF?
- Several In WWE ‘Pushing’ For Upcoming Free Agent
- CM Punk Reacts To WWE Raw Ratings For His Return
- ‘Massive Offer’ Rejected By Will Ospreay Before Choosing AEW Revealed
- WWE ‘Optimistic’ Major CM Punk Dream Match Could Happen
- Long-Absent AEW Star Reveals They Had Three Seizures, Cleared To Return
- Alexa Bliss Reveals Coincidence About Her Daughter’s Birth
- Ric Flair Issues Statement To Tony Khan After Alleged Comments At AEW Show
- Kevin Owens Comments On CM Punk’s WWE Return
- Drew McIntyre’s Explicit Reaction To Randy Orton WWE Plans