There was a lot of intrigue surrounding the Elite heading into tonight’s AEW Dynamite show.
The Elite made their return to the company at Full Gear for the first time since their suspension following the AEW All Out media scrum.
The Elite were greeted to a hero’s welcome on the show, including loud chants of ‘f**k CM Punk’, which the Elite brought attention to during Being The Elite.
Tonight’s episode of Dynamite though took place in Chicago, the hometown of CM Punk.
Fans had wondered if Chicago would welcome them back, or if they would also pick a side.
We have our answer.
The show opened up to loud chants of CM Punk before the pyro had even finished.
Then, when the Wayward Sons made their way out, they were greeted with deafening boos, and loud chants of ‘CM Punk!’.
The match started with loud chants of ‘f**k The Elite!’.
Their opponents, the heels of Death Triangle, were given the hero’s welcome instead, with the Elite being booed. Kenny Omega also mocked CM Punk’s taunt as he went for the Terminator dive.
— All Elite Wrestling (@AEW) November 24, 2022
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Issues In AEW Potentially Led To William Regal’s WWE Return
- AEW Star Speaks Out On William Regal Departure
- Here’s What Triple H ‘Almost Never Mentioned’ In Creative Meetings
- Barry Windham Suffers Heart Attack, Currently In ICU
- Sami Zayn Explains How Real-Life Friendship With The Usos Influenced WWE Bloodline Storyline
- New Changes, Additions & Plans For WWE 2K23 Potentially Revealed
- Huge Tease For The Rock Vs Roman Reigns At WrestleMania 39
- ROH Name Makes Bold Claim About Chris Jericho Title Run
- Wrestling Veteran Was Allegedly ‘Stoned’ During Hall Of Fame Speech
- AEW Star Compares WWE Past To Current Role