It appears as though WWE has snapped up one of independent wrestling’s hottest young stars.
According to Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE seems to have signed Cole Karter, who made several appearances on AEW Dark in 2021, and even made a single appearance on AEW Dynamite, losing to Anthony Ogogo.
The reasoning behind Meltzer’s report is that Karter is being advertised as wrestling his final independent match on January 22, and he was part of a WWE tryout back in December 2021.
The report reads:
“Cole Karter, who has worked a lot of matches in AEW, is doing what is being called his final independent appearance on 1/22. While he’s not allowed to say it, the belief is he’s signed or signing with WWE since he was at a recent tryout.”
At just 21, Karter would join a very young NXT roster, which appears to be WWE’s current strategy with its developmental brand.
If we hear further news regarding Karter signing with WWE, we will of course update you as soon as information is available.
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Alexa Bliss Shows Off New Tattoo (PHOTO)