It appears as though WWE has snapped up one of independent wrestling’s hottest young stars.
According to Dave Meltzer in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE seems to have signed Cole Karter, who made several appearances on AEW Dark in 2021, and even made a single appearance on AEW Dynamite, losing to Anthony Ogogo.
The reasoning behind Meltzer’s report is that Karter is being advertised as wrestling his final independent match on January 22, and he was part of a WWE tryout back in December 2021.
The report reads:
“Cole Karter, who has worked a lot of matches in AEW, is doing what is being called his final independent appearance on 1/22. While he’s not allowed to say it, the belief is he’s signed or signing with WWE since he was at a recent tryout.”
At just 21, Karter would join a very young NXT roster, which appears to be WWE’s current strategy with its developmental brand.
If we hear further news regarding Karter signing with WWE, we will of course update you as soon as information is available.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence