A former AEW star made his IMPACT Wrestling debut during Saturday’s (July 2) TV taping (Spoilers ahead).
Following Friday’s ‘Against All Odds’ special, X Division Champion ‘Speedball’ Mike Bailey issued an open challenge during the Atlanta, Georgia taping.
Alan Angels ultimately answered Bailey’s challenge, days after confirming that his AEW contract has expired. Bailey defeated Angels, before the two stars were attacked by Deaner & Joe Doering of Violent By Design.
It isn’t clear when exactly this match will air, but the taping was intended to cover the next two weeks of TV.
Following speculation that he had finished up with AEW, Angels posted a statement to confirm that his contract with the company expired on June 30. Angels has stated that he was offered a per-appearance deal with AEW, but chose to turn it down.
Angels last wrestled for AEW during the June 11 AEW Dark taping, facing Daniel Garcia in a Pure Rules match.
At the time of his departure announcement, Angels had amassed a 9-10 AEW win/loss record. Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- CM Punk Responds To AEW Return Announcement
- Update On Cody Rhodes Upcoming SmackDown Appearance
- Seth Rollins First WWE World Heavyweight Title Defense Revealed
- WWE Star Spotted Training With Top Japanese Star
- WWE Name Opens Up About Losing Confidence, Names Stars Who Helped Him
- WWE Raw Star Shares Update On In-Ring Future
- Major WWE Star Undergoing Surgery?
- NXT Talent To Be Contestant On ABC’s ‘The Bachelorette’
- WWE Beats Jesus, Donald Trump & More For Incredible World Record
- VIDEOS: New AEW Fight Forever Gameplay Clips Show Off Fun Features