Former AEW star Alan Angels has revealed he wasn’t a big fan of wearing a mask during his time with the promotion.
Speaking to the Two Man Power Trip of Wrestling podcast, Angels admitted he didn’t think the mask was a good look for him.
“Personally, no, I didn’t like the mask. I think it was a good look. I think it looks cool. But, personally, I didn’t like wrestling in it. It’s just uncomfortable and I have to worry about it staying on all the time and making sure it doesn’t fall off. You got to fix it so you can see through the eye holes and stuff like that. I personally didn’t like it. But like I said, I did think it was kind of a cool look for sure.”
He was also asked about wrestling against “Speedball” Mike Bailey, and joining Impact Wrestling.
“Mike Bailey is one of those guys that’s been on my radar for a long time. He’s somebody that I wanted to wrestle. It was really a good opportunity for me. He’s been wrestling forever, so the wealth of knowledge that he holds is insane. On top of that, getting to wrestle him for the X-Division Championship, which is in my opinion, in my eyes, one of the most prestigious championships currently today because of its history. When I was a kid growing up, that’s what I wanted. I wanted to be the X-Division champion as opposed to the World Champion or anything like that. I thought that X-Division was just so cool.”
Alan Angels left AEW just a few weeks ago after his contract with the promotion was not renewed.
Credit to WrestlingNews.co for the transcription.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- Update On Brock Lesnar WWE Schedule Ahead Of SummerSlam
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- WWE Tag Team Makes Raw Debut Against Ronda Rousey & Shayna Baszler
- Roman Reigns 1000-Day Celebration SmackDown Draws Incredible Viewership Numbers